Since being founded in 2016 by Alan O’Mara, Real Talks has facilitated discussions on the importance of wellbeing, resilience and mental health.
Our wellbeing masterclass uses Alan’s story of ‘living with depression‘ as a catalyst to build more resilient individuals and compassionate communities. Over the course of 60 minute we teach participants how to;
- Mind themselves (Resilience)
- Look out for others (Compassion)
- Talk about mental health (Communication)
- Promote help-seeking behaviours and relevant organisations (Signpost)
Organisations we have collaborated with
Aer Lingus, AIB, Athlone IT SU, Barnardos, Blackrock College, Cavan GAA, Cavan County Council, Cornmarket, Cycle Against Suicide, Donegal Sports Partnership, Gaelic Players Association, Gaelic Athletic Association, Gaisce, HSE, Inspire Wellbeing, Jacobs Engineering, Kelly Bradshaw Dalton, Monaghan County Council, Pieta House, PJ Hegarty & Sons, Terenure College, Zeminar
More About Alan
- Alan is the author of the best-selling memoir ‘The Best Is Yet To Come’
- Alan’s chart-topping podcast series can be found on iTunes or SoundCloud.
- Alan is a wellbeing ambassador for the GAA
- Alan is wellbeing ambassador for the HSE’s Little Things campaign
- Alan was a Player Development Coach with Cavan GAA